Thursday, June 16, 2011

"I have to live with a boy..."

There was this one Friends episode. If you watched Friends, you might remember it. It is the episode where Monica is helping Rachael pack her things to move out because Monica's relationship with Chandler has progressed to them wanting to live together.

In short the girls do what girls many time do, they argue, they cry, they make up. In the end, there is one line that makes me literally LOL (laugh out loud).

Through the tears and laughter Monica announces in a very scared, whiny voice "I have to live with a boy..."

I often think about that line, because it is something that most girls go through. They realize that they are no longer going to have the support and friendship of their female roommates. It can be a scary thought...living with a boy.

I have had, now for about 2 years, the opportunity to live with a boy, and there are things that I have come to realize will never be the same. Living with a boy changes things, such as...

~ Watching the few chick flick movies that I enjoy will happen only if A) I am watching it alone, B) I won a bet, or C) There is a certain actress in it who my husband will enjoy watching more than the storyline.

~ The decor is as neutral as can be.

~ He will never understand the intricacies of putting on eye make-up.

~ The words tampons and period are replaced with "girly things" and "red time"

~ There is no one to understand my need for another pair of black shoes.

~ If vegetables are served during dinner other than potatoes or corn. I have made them for myself.

~ There should be a fridge labeled "His" and "Hers"

~ I have no one to watch "Sex in the City" with...

~ I can't ask the question "Does this outfit look good on me?" True girl-friends will give you a straight answer. Boys will say it looks good to avoid saying the wrong thing.

I wouldn't trade it all for the world!

No comments: