Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Highlight of November

"Oops I forgot to tell you happy birthday this morning...there goes my husband of the year award."

That is the first email that showed up in my inbox on the morning of November 19.  (My 30th birthday).

I just laughed, because I until that email I hadn't even realized that he was supposed to say it.

Funny how birthdays change as you get older. 

I remember counting down the days as soon as November hit. 

This year, I didn't even pay attention to the fact that it was on a Monday.

I think that's a good thing.

My birthday is no longer the highlight of November.

There are so many more great things going on in my life that I don't need to spend the time crossing off each day until the 19th.

And that's a great thing.

PS...he did earn back his "husband of the year" award by making me a surprise dinner of my favorite meal! 

PPS...the fact that I forgot that it was my birthday had NOTHING to do with the fact that it was my 30th!  :-)

No comments: