Thursday, March 22, 2018

A Boy Mom

I have to say, for awhile I felt a little left out. Like I was missing out on some sort of "club." The "Boy Mom Club." I'd see all these posts about how wild and crazy life was with little boys. The climbing, rough-housing, dirt, and pee and yet how those mom's just felt connected to the little boys in some way.

But now I get it.

I'm part of "the club" and have been for 16 months.


I totally get it.

This kid is different. So completely and wonderfully different than his sisters. He is calm, but wild. Silly and sweet. Ready to run and play outside and snuggle with his blankie on my lap. I never really understood the bond that Ethan has with his little girls. How they have him so completely wrapped around his finger. But now I get it.


He is in to EVERYTHING! He digs in the trash, splashes in the toilet, and throws completely good diapers away, and the lids to my pots, and my badge for school. We gotta check our trash, often.



He love cars and trucks and balls. He's learning to climb. We don't have to lock the stair gate anymore, he can go up and down the stairs with ease. It's only a matter of time before he has figured out how to open the damn baby proofing locks we have on everything.


He grunts at everything. I've learned to tell the difference between his "dog-grunt" and his "graham cracker-grunt" and his "I WANT TO GO OUTSIDE grunt." He is going to keep us all outside all summer. He just wants to dig in the dirt, walk in the grass, and play with his puppy!


His sister's love him too. They love to find ways to make him giggle and chase them around the house. I'm sure they won't think that's as fun when he's a little bigger and can really catch them!


I'm so excited to be part of the "Boy Mom Club" and to be completely wrapped around this little guy!

No comments: