Saturday, July 29, 2017

Summer Plans

I had big plans for this summer.

Plans that included organizing various rooms of our house, tossing out toys (we have WAY too many), and working on organizing things for my classroom.  I brought home three boxes from school.

I haven't even opened them.

I haven't organized one room.

We still have WAY too many toys.

I will admit, I may have been a little ambitious with all the things I wanted to accomplish. Considering we just added baby #3 last November.  I had reason to think I would have a chance to get things done.  You see...for the first 6 months of his life, little Billy was the DREAM baby.  He slept 8-10 hours straight, would go to anyone and not fuss, and love to lay on the floor and watch TV with his sisters.  He was a low-maintenance baby, and I figured I could get some work done.

HA! Little Bill had different plans. Plans that started with his first set of teeth...to be quickly followed by FIVE MORE. Long story short, those pesky bits of enamel cost me my dream baby. He now is waking up 4 times a night, cranky, and not happy when he's away from mama (AKA...KidZone at the YMCA).

This means that I have 3 precious hours of the day to get anything accomplished at home when baby naps. This means, many times I am cleaning up the kitchen or folding a load of laundry. It hasn't left much time to get the "BIG" things done that I wanted to this summer.

And now here we are, in less than two weeks I'll be starting back to work again and I have to sprint to finish at least part of my list.

With a baby who is still getting up 3-5 times a night.

I will need some prayers.  And coffee.

No comments: