Sunday, October 26, 2014

It's All Because of You

Something amazing hit me smack dab in the face the other day, last week, earlier this summer. 

Probably when my face was covered with pureed sweet potatoes thanks to the fun new trick our 6 month old (now almost 1-year-old) discovered of spitting her lips together just after getting a mouth full, and my ears could only hear the screaming of our two-year-old because I wouldn't let her color with the sidewalk chalk inside on our wood floors.

I was probably still in PJs... at lunch.

And hadn't showered.

Or redone the messy bun on top of my head from how it looked when I rolled out of bed before 6 AM on my summer "break."

I have everything I have ever prayed for.

Everything.

Wow.

That kind of realization takes time to process.  Weeks, even months, before I can fully grasp how awesome it is.  

I say it over and over in my head...  I have everything I have ever prayed for. 

And it's all because of you.

You. 

7 years ago you came in to my life.  

I know now, God had planned on this.  He knew when I prayed for someone to love, to want a family and build a home, that you would be the one.

And as I sit here tonight on the couch with you and our stubborn, independent, and beautiful little toddler as our almost one-year-old sleeps quietly in her crib, I can't help but think again.

I have everything I've ever prayed for.

And it's all because of you.

Happy Birthday You.