Saturday, July 19, 2014

Countdown

The countdown is getting closer...

5 days...

and the 5th annual "Mystery Weekend" will be here.

I can't believe this will be the 5th year!

My wonderful, creative, and super-cool mother came up with this awesome way for she, my sister, and me to get together for some "girl time" each year.

She saves her pennies, literally, she saves her coins all year long to help with the cost of gas.

She picks a destination.

Plans some activities and some time to shop.

And DOESN'T TELL US A THING until we are in the car and driving towards our destination.

And in case you were just thinking to yourself...

Wow, she's really cool...  
That's such a neat idea...  
I wish my mom was as cool as her...

You're right
It is an awesome idea.
And she is mine, you can't have her! :-)

This year I have been ready and waiting for our mystery trip for a long time.

I can no longer "online window shop" because I know every store's items by heart.

My wardrobe is in desperate need of updating.  (Seriously...I took a BAG FULL of clothes to one of those second-hand stores to get a little extra cash.  They bought one item.  I got a dollar.)

And I am in desperate need of some sleep.  This summer has been rough on me.  Our two year old has decided that sleeping all night isn't as great as it was for the first two years of her life.  Now she gets up and SCREAMS at her door (we put a child lock on the inside so she can't get out and come into our room...).  This happens once a night, on a good night.  Our almost 9 month old sleeps pretty much 8 hours straight, but that stupid pacifier falls out and she needs it shoved placed back in her mouth a couple times, and will want to eat a bottle anytime from 4AM to 6AM.

Last night was probably the best night sleep I have gotten all summer.  I still got up twice with kids and took 3 Benadryl to make it happen.

With Mystery Weekend, the only thing I have to worry about waking me up is my mother's snoring, and I'm packing earplugs.

Good shopping, good sleep, good food, great company and super memories to make along the way.

5 more days!

No comments: