Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tis the Season...

We've been in our house just nine months now, and I am still in awe that we even get to call this place our home.  It is what I dreamed we would have someday when we were in our 40s or 50s, not where I thought we would celebrate our 2nd year anniversary.

There are still many things to be done.

And many things we are doing.

But there is just one "something" that I have been waiting to do.

Decorate for the seasons. 

I totally want that house on the end of the corner that has the inside decorated for each of the beautiful seasons we get to experience (ok...this last summer wasn't exactly what I would call beautiful, but by February I'm going to be begging for 100 degree weather.)

We closed on the sale of our home last Christmas Eve.  Meaning we had no tree, no lights, and my lovely nativity stayed packed in the boxes.  At the time, it was a necessary sacrifice.  We were in our home, we didn't have to pay two mortgages, and I was just starting to hit my 3rd trimester.  However, I still missed it.

I went grocery shopping at Walmart today.  Ugh...on a Saturday afternoon.  It was not the best part of my Saturday.  I was walking up and down the "For the Home" isles looking at all the pretty fall decorations.  I even decided that I could do a little decorating for less than 15 bucks.  So I picked up a tablecloth, some cute little leave-shaped salt and pepper shakers, and a pretty fake flower arrangement to put on the table. 

By the end of the trip I put it back.

If I was going to buy decorations, I needed to do it on a day when I wasn't shopping for the entire month of groceries.  By the end of the trip I decided that I didn't need to buy just one more thing.

However, it's coming. 

I may not get to decorate for fall this year.

But Christmas decorations are already in the stores.  Usually I have a problem with that...but this year I'm so excited to decorate for Christmas that I didn't even care there were lighted trees and puffed up snowmen as I walked through Wally World today.

No comments: