Friday, October 9, 2009

Wedding Planning Surprises

As I am in the middle of trying to plan my wedding I am finding out more and more that the "perfect wedding" I had in my mind as a kid sure has a lot more to it than just pretty dresses and matching colors. There is so much more to wedding planning than anyone can really tell you about. Here are just a few of the things I am finding out as I go...

~ EVERYTHING is expensive. That stupid TLC "Wedding Show" that had me hooked into watching and getting ideas when I was in my early 20s in college should really include the prices of these beautiful weddings they show. Cause I'm betting not one of them was less than 10,000.

~ You will constantly want to talk about it. I can't help it. I even make goals NOT to talk about it today...and at some point I mention something about it.

~ You will count down the months, weeks, and days. It's so corny...but true!

~ He might just care about helping with the planning. Mine does...and it's nice. :)

~ All the little tiny details...like writing the petitions for Mass or feeding your bridal party lunch on the day of the wedding. (Good thing Bird got married a couple weeks ago so I could see what all I had to do)

~ Everyone will want to be invited. I've had people tell me they had marked the day down on their calendar so they would be sure to be there... How nice of them to remember my wedding day, but I hope they make other plans when they don't get an invite...

~ Apparently it is absolutely necessary for you to have background music while the guests wait at the reception hall for everyone to arrive.

~ The hard part about registering for gifts is actually picking the places you want stuff from. When Penny's has the bath towels you want and Wal-Mart has the shower curtain and Bed Bath and Beyond has the dishes and Sears has the grill and Target has the fire pit it sure makes it hard to narrow it down.

~ There are ultimately not enough of the "good" jobs for all your friends and family...someone has to be the guestbook!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Just in case you need to know...I have beautiful guest book presence, but I can't cut cake evenly at all! :o) Hee Hee. :o) We need to schedule a mint tasting/color choosing day with you and your mom and Jamie soon! Have fun planning!